Primary Purpose: Responsible for the efficient operation of Unix and Linux servers by installing and maintaining systems and related system software as well as analyzing and resolving related problems. Responsible for service delivery and support, including configuration, incident, problem, release, change, availability, and continuity management within defined Operating Level Agreements.
- The Senior Unix/Linux System Administrator performs all of the following responsibilities at the experienced level:
- Provides guidance to Unix/Linux System Administrators and Support Analysts.
- Installs Unix and Linux operating system and related system software, including upgrades, preventative and corrective maintenance through the change management process and within scheduled maintenance windows.
- Administers the configuration of Unix/Linux operating systems and services for all JCI enterprise data centers. Monitors vendors' support facilities for hardware and software updates and recommends and implements maintenance to keep systems current and well within vendors' support requirements.
- Ability to recognize and respond to customer expectations with a sense of urgency.
- Provides for system continuity by developing backup and recovery processes and procedures to support recovery from hardware and application failures.
- Develops Disaster Recovery plans, procedures and test scenarios and participates in regular DR rehearsals.
- Develops and maintains SOX procedures, adheres to SOX policies and gathers evidence for SOX audits.
- Applies security policies to the Unix/Linux Platform as determined by the IT Security group.
- Ability to cooperate with people of different levels inside / outside the company and to interact with teams to reach goals and business objectives.
- Provides level II incident and problem management with responsibility for resolution and root cause analysis of the most complex hardware and software issues within Operating Level Agreements.
- Monitors, maintains, and reports system availability within Operating Level Agreements.
- Monitors and evaluates system performance and performs tuning functions to achieve optimal system efficiency and throughput.
- Monitors system resource utilization and supports capacity planning by capturing data, analyzing trends and making upgrade recommendations.
- Plans and executes server workload migrations and consolidations in conjunction with Project Engineering team.
- Interfaces and coordinates with business and application support teams, Global Infrastructure Architecture and Project Engineering functions.
- Maintains knowledge of the latest developments impacting the Unix/Linux Platform environment and makes recommendations that will improve efficiency, throughput, capabilities, and/or capacity.
- Provides effective technical documentation to clearly communicate procedures and developments to other IT personnel.
- Demonstrates customer service attitude and work ethic.
- Adheres to the Company's Ethics standards.
- 3 - 6 years of Unix/Linux Platform experience.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in speaking English.
- The successful incumbent in this position will have extensive knowledge and experience in maintaining and configuring Unix/Linux server hardware, operating system software and peripherals. Advanced knowledge and skills of the Unix/Linux server operating system is required. Strong analytical skills are required to understand, diagnose and resolve technical situations to provide and maintain 24 by 7 data center services.
- Experience with High Availability clustering (ServiceGuard) and Unix/Linux virtualization is strongly desired.
Полная занятость, полный день